Realtors are some of the best marketers in an offline person-to-person environment. You’re incredibly brilliant at getting to know your clients on a very personal level, getting involved in your community, and connecting with your local market. Twitter allows you to bring some of those skills to the world of social media. It gives you 140 characters (or less), to give updates to your followers and your community. Use it to your advantage by engaging in and strengthening your relationships.
1. Tweet Tips about Staging and Moving.
Help out your clients (and yourself), by teaching them how to stage their home for better sales. Post links to good articles and videos on how to present a residence when you’re selling it. And teach about how to pack and make a move less stressful
2. Tweet Local News.
Twitter tends to be a great place for news. If there’s a new school being built in your area – tweet about it. Good news stories to show how great your neighborhood is – and how well you know it.
3. Use Hashtags.
On Twitter, using hashtags gets your Tweets seen by more than your followers. #Hashtags are a big part of relationship building in the world of twitter, because they act as doorways into communities built around what ever topic you are searching for.
Use relevant and specific #’s to get found by those looking for your subject matter. For example, use hashtags:
- with your geographic neighborhood, for example: #OpenHouseLittleRock
- related to your tweets, for example: #movingtips, or #homebuyer
4. Tweet Questions. Post questions to your followers to encourage a response.
Engagement is a HUGE part of success in social media, so you want to provide room for your followers to engage and respond with what you’re posting. For example, ask:
- What’s the best thing about moving to a new home? #moving #newhome #littlerock #arkansas
- What would your ideal kitchen look like? #kitchens #daretodream #newhome
- How often do you renovate your home? #newhome #renovations #homedecor
5. Tweet about Charity Events.
Tweet about local events you support. Show you are connected and trustworthy, and care about your community.
6. Use @mentions to Keep in Touch with Clients.
Twitter lets you send tweets to specific people. Aside from using the Direct Messages, send out a Tweet using the @ symbol to congratulate a new home owner, or to thank a local merchant for assisting you, etc…
7. Use Contests, Sweepstakes and Group Offers.
Use contests, sweepstakes and group offers as another way to create more engagement with your clients, and get your Tweets seen by their followers.
- Offer a free dinner at a neighborhood restaurant for entering a photo contest.
- Ask for a description of a great moving experience, using an essay contest, and offer a gift certificate to a local spa.
- Host a sweepstakes on Twitter, offering a home decor gift certificate, for viewing your Open House.
8. Tweet about Your Listings.
Intersperse your Twitter content with your real estate listings. Never over do it, twitter is not meant to be an exclusive selling platform, but promoting yourself here and there is definitely acceptable. Include info about your places. Include images of your houses and apartments, and if you have them, include short videos too. For example: #TraceyRanciferListingAR or #TraceyRanciferOpenHouse